Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sloe Gin

The NY Times on Sunday featured a cocktail using the first real Sloe Gin in the country in years. I could have used one last night when during the rainy premiere of the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival. I would have liked to have Sean Connery from Dr. No whisper in my ear, "Would you care for a Wibble, Darling?"

I have always been curious about the Sloe Gin Fizz ever since it first showed up on my Palace Diner place mat. Now I can have a real one?! Oh the tasting kitchen is open again at Casa Di RyeGirl. Anyone is welcome to stop by.

From this article in the Times, it looks as though I have to make a trip to London soon. As if Liquid Deli's weren't enough...They apparently have good bartenders. VERY good, from what I hear. Wink wink nudge nudge. You know what I mean? Say no more, say no more.

[Shaken and Stirred]

No comments: