Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Manhattan Cocktail Classic - Day 3

Our Beautiful Space on the West Side, aka, my future pied-à-terre

Today I had some recovery time in my beautiful Brooklyn pied-à-terre and then headed in for the whirlwind that was the wind up to the Tastemaker's Punch Party. I had left my thyme at home and could not find any at Dean and Deluca. I was running out to try Whole Food in a panic, when Jen Craig and Tad Carducci saved my life...Tad has fresh picked flowering thyme harvested from his Brooklyn garden this morning! What a find! And what a treat to be able to use the fresh good stuff. It sure was a hit to have that tasty maple syrup and beautiful thyme on my table by my punch.

The Punch party! Wow! What a gorgeous event! Overlooking the Hudson River on the 13th floor, I grabbed a table by the terrace to set up my Half Moon Mountain Jam Punch. Inspired by the ship Henry Hudson himself sailed this river on, and the fresh local ingredients found in my dear valleys and mountains, I poured out a ton of punch. Our lovely hostess Dizzy Fizz and toastmaster David Wondrich put on quite a shindig. Everyone had an amazing time, and I was pleased as punch to be involved!

I was rescued by a reviving supper with good friends at Scarpetta. After three days without a decent meal, it was perfect to sup on fine wine, homemade pasta and great conversation.

Ready to tackle the last day! Here we go....

No comments: