Thursday, February 19, 2009

Florida Dreamin'


Spring Training has arrived, and just because I couldn't afford to go down to see the Boys this year, doesn't mean I can't celebrate with my boys up here. So I am off to an EO dinner tonight with my Cocktail and Baseball Daddies. I wonder if I can request a bartenders choice? Or maybe ask them to make my new Spring Training inspired drink? It is also inspired by The Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx, so I have names this one The Bell House in honor of my new favorite venue in Brooklyn (and in a blatant attempt to get a job there). Shake this one good and you have a refreshing Whiskey drink that would go well at any ballpark in Florida. If you make it with rye, its really spicy with the Rhubarb bitters. But its not too sweet with Bourbon, either. It's a nicely balanced drink.

The Bell House

Rye or Bourbon
Grand Mariner
Antiqua Formula
Orange Juice
Rhubarb Bitters

Shake ingredients well in a mixer over ice and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with burnt Orange peel.

No comments: