Friday, August 12, 2011

Palito's Way

Squirrel Watching
Pal. Palbert. Palberto Gonzales.  Bert. PBG.  Sneezy McSneezerson....My dog went by a lot of names.  And he answered to them all if you had love in your voice.  Yesterday I had to say good-bye to my dear little friend and companion.  I knew the end was coming and spent that last few weeks spoiling him with Turduckan, Lamb chops and trips to the park to watch the squirrels.


When I did have to be away from him, it was behind the stick, where he was still very much on my mind.  I have to offer thanks and love to my co-workers and patrons who showed great kindness, support and patience.  


One of the ways I rewarded them was with a new drink created for my Pal.  Its a light refreshing take on a Hemingway and the name is a play on his own and the 1990's era movie...because Pal always had a little gangster hood in him, being form Washington Heights and all.


Palito's Way
1 oz Chairman's Reserve Silver Rum
1 oz Banks Rum
3/4 oz grapefruit syrup
1 oz lime
1/4 oz Maraschino liqueur 
Soda water


Shake all but the soda water and strain into a collins glass.  Top with fresh seltzer and garnish with a Grapefruit triangle.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

thinking of you, friend. sending lots of love your way.