Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy Canada Day!


Ok so this post is a bit belated..but I am old and this technology is new. Don't worry. I'll catch up. I learn fast. Just look at my mad leaps in my Mixology skills over the last year or so! Then again, I always had the talent..and you are just born with that, Darlings!

Speaking of Darling, I had the pleasure of spending happy hour on friday in the lovely abode of Mr and Mrs Cocktail Daddy. Inspired as we were to play with acid phosphate, my final cocktail came from the Great White North. It was Canada Day afterall, and I love using maple syrup in cocktails. So I made a Sazerac, eh? Straight up delicious. 'Bout time.

Sazerac, Eh?
2 oz Rye (Canadian,natch)
Barspoon pure maple syrup
4 dash Creole Bitters
3 dash ango bitters
Absinthe rinse
Lemon twist

Chill an old fashioned glass in the freezer.
Mix rye, bittters, and maple syrup in a glass with cracked ice. Rinse frozen old fashioned glass with absinthe while you name all ten provinces and three territories of Canada. Strain cocktail into glass. Express the oils of a lemon peel, dip the peel in the glass and then discard. Sazerac, eh?



No comments: