Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Training for Tales


So that is what we have been calling it. But, like marathon training, its time to detox a bit before I head to NOLA.

Last night was a Birthday hurrah with Tequila cupcakes, Manhattans and pasta at Landmarc. I also saw some great music at Bar 9 from
Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds and danced with friends old and new.

Once I get to NOLA, things will be busy, but somehow I am not looking forward to it like I did earlier. Its not like last year where I had my whole trip paid for, a nice daily expense money, and all I did was network and hang out around the pool and educate myself at the tastings. This year I have a competition, some work, a lot of blogging to do, and a lot of events to attend. Sounds like fun, right? It will be, I am sure. I guess I just have the Birthday Blues.


I also still have so much to do...packing, prepping for some parties, book time with a tattoo artist, and I still don't have a place to stay Sunday and Monday night! Oh well..things have a way of just working out...right?

No comments: