Monday, July 19, 2010

Jet Blue Rant

As I recall, I don't think I have ever been on a Jet Blue Flight that left on time. This was in the front of my mind when I booked my flight to New Orleans on the first flight out for the day. This was also probably in the back of my mind as I was running late on an A train local. Despite the fact that I arrived just as my plane started boarding, I was told it was closed. I waited outside security from 6:30am to 10:30am with nothing but a Dunkin Dounuts to keep me occupied. 10:30, they told me, was the earliest time I could check into my 2:30 flight, that I was now flying standby on. But..i thought I had a good shot of being called first since I checked in 4 fracking hours early!

Not so much. That flight was delayed (surprise) 3 hours and still left without me. Now any hope I had of being in NOLA evaporated and so did my will.  36 hours without sleep and massive frustration and saddness just made me collapse from within in a puddle of tears.

I don't even want to go to NOLA now! I just want to go home and cry.

Mr. Delano said it best. Sounds like you need to get here, get drunk and go to bed.

Indeed.

-- www.ryegirlnyc.blogspot.com
Dreaming in Cocktails

No comments: