Thursday, May 13, 2010

Small World

In August of 2008 I wrote on this blog about the lovely lady bartenders at Pegu Club. Tonight I learned that that lovely lady was probably none other than one of my dearest friends, Erin Williams of Hush Cocktails.

What a lovely small world we are in. I like it. And I love my LUPEC Ladies.

Speaking of lovely LUPEC ladies...well done to Yael at Painkiller for making amazing tiki drinks and workin' that jigger and blender like the pro that she is! Delicious and nutritious! This bourbon bitch had what is essentially a cucumber mint julep all mixed up in the fancy high tech blenders yum!

Too bad the seats at the bar are not designed for humans..ouch! I thought bike butt was painful this week, now I have Tiki bar butt!

Make sure you join Hush Cocktails and LUPEC at the Manhattan Cocktails Classic for the Micro Spirits Odyssey. This will be an all-day micro-distilling extravaganza at Butter Restaurant, featuring dozens of boutique brands, creative cocktails, and gourmet culinary pairings.

I am most looking forward to the seminar below:

Our "ForeBroads"

Sunday, May 16th, 3:00pm - 4:30pm

with Melanie Asher - CEO Macchu Pisco; Alexandra Guarnaschelli - Executive Chef, Butter Restaurant; Lynette Marrero - LUPEC NYC chapter president; Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan - Master of Wine; and Erin Williams - Founder, Hush Cocktails

Hear the stories of the woman's role in culinary and cocktail culture - along with distillation past, present, and future. Discover how females formed their roles working in distilleries during prohibition by running saloons and speakeasies, to the new trend of extremely successful women running their own restaurants, bars, distilleries and business related to.

This is now in my heart and head:


No comments: