Friday, April 09, 2010

One is the Loneliest Number...


I guess that is why I always come in second place.

Still as the only girl competing, and with black strap molasses as our secret ingredient, I think I put on a good show at the Whisky Live Iron Bartender competition. I was told I was the crowd favorite in the end, if not the judges #1 choice. (wink)


Dang! I was looking forward to the first prize night in a Manhattan Club suite. RyeGirl needs a romantic staycation.


And I still will be getting a lovely bottle of Dalmore Special Reserve, and the first place winner is currently single, so I suggested we get in that hotel suite with our bottles of whiskey and see where the night takes us! (wink wink nudge nudge, say no more)


Spring has sprung, indeed! And this little girl's thoughts turn to lovely lovely boys and the drinks they make. So let me just say I am currently besotted with Floyd at the Vanderbilt in Brooklyn. The Vanderbilt has some amazing food, stellar cocktails, beer and wine...and Floyd. There is just something about him that makes me feel so special. And judging from the glazed looks of happiness from other girls at the bar, I am not the only one who feels this way. He has a talent. A talent for cocktails for sure. But also just that perfect sweet Southern personality. My first and still best ever boyfriend was my Virginia high school sweetheart. LeSigh!

Man, I lurve southern boys!


Take a look at Floyd's tasty cocktail list. I have tried and loved them all.
Especially the Tupelo Julep that using snow cone ice. You need a spoon to scoop up all that ice-y rye goodness!

The Optimist’s Daughter Tito’s Vodka, Lillet Blanc, elderflower, lemon, soda
Glyda Rose gin, campari, blood orange, champagne
Tupelo Julep rye whiskey, cognac, apricot mint syrup
El Castillo tequila, lime, orange flower infused honey, orange bitters
Vanderbilt Pimms pimms, gin, sweet basil, bitter lemon
Whiskey Skiffer rye whiskey, Cynar, sweet vermouth, mole-amarillo bitters

No comments: