Photo: Lush Life Productions
Beware amateurs..this is how I got involved in this industry.
First I was just a meek and mild mannered school teacher who took naps so she could make fresh cocktails for her late night cook boyfriend when he came home from a long night in the kitchen. The next thing I knew I was single, coming home when most people are going to work, last night's underwear in my back pocket, the sure sign of the morning after. Take me home. Take me home and leave me there - Ani DiFranco
Civilians only for this contest, so I think I am out. As a ranking Captain in The Drunken Army, I don't think I can go back to civi life. I am like Jeremy Renner in The Hurt Locker.
The Hurt Shaker.
Oh what? The contest..riiiight..ok. The recipe submission guidelines are these:
1) Submission deadline is April 18.
2) Send all recipes to email@example.com
3) With submission, please include a detailed recipe with measurements, the type of glass to be used, whether the drink should be served “Up” or over ice, whether it is meant to be stirred or shaken, your full name, email address, phone number, current city and your occupation.
4) Be creative, but not over the top. Please remember, we have to make this cocktail all Spring.
5) You must use one of the following spirits as your base ingredient:
- Beefeater Gin
- Bercherovka Herbal Liqueur
- Chivas 12yr
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Luksusowa Vodka
- Martell Cognac
- Pernod Absinthe
- Plymouth Gin
- Ramazzotti Amaro
- Ricard Pastis
6) All other ingredients are up to you, but refer back to Rule #4
If you win, your cocktail will be highlighted on the upcoming spring menu and credited to you. The winner will also receive Plymouth Gin Bartending Kit, a one-year subscription to Imbibe and a $100 Gift Card to Louis 649. That can buy some pickles and maybe a drink or two. Make sure you leave a big tip. Its tough to be a Pro.