Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Flying Fig!


Believe it or not, I am modest about a lot of things, but not my cocktail skills. I am an officially an amateur mixologist. But I think my palate is more refined, and my knowledge more extensive than most professionals.

So when LeNell’s newsletter came with a link to a cocktail contest, I jumped at the chance to show off my skills. After much deliberation, care attention to the rules and a focus panel of one (Adam) I came up with: The Flying Fig. Its light and fragrant and a perfect aperitif. As you can see, it is a beautiful drink as well.
There is on line voting for this contest so if you have not yet, click the link here and vote for Abigail’s Flying Fig. Recipe is below if you would like to try it at home!

The Flying Fig
2 oz Square One Vodka

2-3 fresh organic figs

1/2 oz St Germain Elderflower Liquor

1 oz Fresh squeezed organic Lemon Juice

1/2 oz organic Agave syrup, to taste

Fresh organic Mint, leaf garnish


Muddle diced fig in the Elderflower liquor (reserve one slice for garnish). Add cracked ice, vodka, lemon juice and agave, Shake vigorously. Slap one mint leaf, rim and drop in chilled cocktail glass along with reserved fig slice. Strain cocktail into glass.

No comments: