Monday, March 05, 2012

International Woman's Day March 8th 2012

This event is part of my Farewell NYC Tour, so make sure you come out!  

Since I first started with LUPEC NYC, this has been one of my favorite events that I look forward to every year.  Women & Whiskey?!  How can it get better?!  Well, this year I am making my critically acclaimed drink, the Charlie Hustle.  And we are having this event at one of my favorite bars in NYC, Lani Kai.  I am glad my scotch drink has some tropical flair with its smoking rosemary and live rosemary branch garnish.  I think I need to wear a hat festooned with Rosemary...what do you think?

Charlie Hustle
1 1/2 oz Great King St Scotch
1/2 oz Peat Monster Scotch
1/2 oz Maple Syrup
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
1/2 oz fresh Lemon Juice
Garnish: Rosemary "Smoke" and fresh Rosemary branch 

To "Smoke" your glass, take a dry sprig of rosemary and set it on fire on a heat proof service. When it smolders and smokes, invert an old fashioned glass over the smoking branch.  This adds and smokey warm aromatic quality to the drink.  Shake the rest of the ingredients in a tin filled with ice and strain into  your smoked glass filled with fresh ice.  Garnish with a fresh branch of rosemary.


No comments: