Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pocono Love Potion

<p>&lt;p&gt;It can get a little lonely coming home at 4am to an empty house, empty bed and empty cuppard. I don't usually drink when I get home, but with a day off (finally) and a cold looming, I thought a knightcap was needed. A knight was too difficult to find at this hour.

I have not been to the store in days so a fresh citrus drink is out of the question. I doubt I have fresh vermouth, so no Martinis Manhattans, negronis, etc... An Old Fashioned is the perfect cocktail for the bare bones bar.  Bitters, sugar, spirit, water.  I have a beautiful new cognac from Pierre Ferrand based on an original 1840 bottle that is suitable for Jerry Thomas to mix up. I threw in some Creole and Jerry Thomas (speak of the devil) bitters and a touch a maple syrup. Add a kicky glass and suddenly I feel better. Raise your spirits when you raise your glass!


1 comment:

The Slingluff Gallery blog said...

That was awesome, thanks! I grew up in the Poconos and have a few of those glasses and love them!