Monday, November 07, 2011

Cherokee Rose

Chef Julian says I am speaking his language with this one. I was fooling around with a Bartender's Choice for a dear regular, Matt and was inspired to make this twist on a La Rosita. Matt and Julian, and most people I know actually, are partial to a nice Rye. So I subbed out the tequila, added a touch of Benedictine and orange bitters in addition to the Jerry Thomas old fashioned bitters. The name came from last nights episode of The Walking Dead, a conversation started for myself and Matt tonight. Man, I love talking smart tv with smart tv people who like rye.

Cherokee Rose
1 1/2 Rittenhouse Rye
1/2 sweet vermouth
1/2 dry vermouth
1/4 Benedictine
1/4 Campari
Dash Bitter Truth Orange Bitters
Dash Jerry Thomas Bitters

Stir all ingredients over ice and serve in a rocks glass with fresh ice.

Garnish Lemon twist


No comments: