Saturday, August 07, 2010

Tis the Season for Peaches!

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...

This is the second Peach Whiskey Smash I have had in as many days. This gorgeous concoction of peach, Bourbon, maple, lemon and mint came to me courtesy of Raphael Rayes at Yerba Buena on Perry St in Greenwich Village.  So tasty and so fresh.  Mr. Reyes knows I love me some bourbon and the dog days of August won't stop me from enjoying my brown spirits.  The peaches have looked so gloriously fresh, I am so happy to see my favorite barkeeps using them in this classic summer cocktail.

Quarter Bar on 5th ave and 20th st Brooklyn is where I had my first whiskey peach smash just yesterday. And while bartending at Fort Defiance this week I made two Whiskey Smashes (Smashers? Smashies?) We have a delicious new dessert on the menu with rum poached peaches, biscuits and fresh cream. Yum yum yum!

I must remember to grab a peach from the kitchen!

Peaches come from a can, they were put there by an man...in a factory downtown. If I had my little way I'd eat peaches every day...

-- www.ryegirlnyc.blogspot.com
Dreaming in Cocktails

No comments: