Saturday, April 24, 2010

Maya's Flying Greyhound

Not Maya. She needs to be a bit older...

Today I had the honor of meeting Ms. Maya Rose, the newborn daughter of my dear friends Rachel and Ross. Mr and Mrs Cocktail Daddy were there too, so I guess I should not have been surprised to be offered a Corpse Reviver no. 2 soon after my arrival.

We played, bounced and sang to baby Maya harmonies from Big River, but when our glasses were empty it was time for me to play again. I looked in the fridge and found some luscious pink grapefruits. One was squeezed and then tossed in a shaker with Plymouth Gin, Maraschino liqueur and a touch of Creme de Violette. Voila! A Flying Greyhound!


Maya, I hope you go down to sleep like the drink; sweet and easy! And I think I may have found my calling as the bartending babysitter! I do love milk cocktails....

1 comment:

Ross said...

Awww, we're honored! Thanks, RyeGirl!