Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hold On to the Night

More Lush Life Photos here

This past weekend we held our LUPEC/USBG Winter Ball. Early in the planning stages, when the 80's prom theme was suggested, I mentioned that I knew of a great place, and a great band and it just snowballed from there.

We were welcoming members of the USBG Illinois Chapter and had wonderful sponsors on hand to do it up right. Saratoga water, Crif Dogs, Glenmorangie, Hendricks, Sailor Jerry, Zacapa Rum, Don Julio, Absolut Berry Acai, Plymouth Gin, Grand Marnier, Tuthilltown Spirits, Cointreau, Sambuca...oh yes...the punch was very much spiked. And spiked rather well.

My cousin Pete came down to lend his hand in the authentic 80's decorations, music and styling department. And just like real high school, I had a Canadian boyfriend...only this time he is real! Ha ha!


Perfecting the awkward hand hold with your gay Canadian boyfriend
Also just like real HS, when I threw an epic after prom party, I spent more time chaperoning everyone and making sure a good time was had by all than actually drinking and having fun myself. But I did dance my feet raw and was pleased with how the event turned out.

It was great fun having the yearbooks out and finally getting to be the Barbie popular girl. Bunnie England and the New Originals rocked, as usual and Frankie and James stood out as true rock stars. Jamie Gordon and Charles Hardwick literally had the floor bouncing with their rendition of the Beastie Boys "Fight for your right to Paaaaaarrrrtay!" Suck it High School!

What should the theme be next year?

1 comment:

peter charbonneau said...

Cuz, you did a magnificent job putting this whole thing together. I hope it was appreciated by the proper authorities! I'm just glad I got to be a part of it!