Tamara de Lempicka (1898 – 1980) Adam & Eve
This will require painstaking testing and craft. Who would like to be my guinea pig and taste my Love Potion?
The Lady Eve was so named for aphrodisiac qualities of the Damiana flower and the pomegranate. A theory his been about for a while that Eve temped Adam not with an apple, but with a pomegranate. They luscious fruits are biblical, and their seeds are like the seeds of knowledge, no? I have always found them to be a very sexy fruit and I find the de-seeding process most stimulating.
The Lady Eve
Luna Sueno Reposado (or Rum?)
Grapefruit juice (Fresh Squeezed)
Lime Juice (FS)
Shake over cracked ice and pour into a cocktail glass or on the rocks with a splash of soda. Garnish with Pomegranate seeds.
Want to submit your own love potion? How it works is you must submit your "Love Potion" cocktail recipe to LovePotion@havanacentral.com by February 1st.
All cocktails lovers can submit a unique recipe that highlights "aphrodisiac" ingredients and uses BACARDI Rum as the core spirit. 10 finalists will be chosen to mix up their cocktail on February 9th (the day of the challenge) from 7-9pm at Havana Central at the West End (2911 Broadway, NY, NY 10025). The winner, chosen by master mixologist Dale DeGroff, will have their "Love Potion" cocktail featured on the menus of all 3 Havana Central locations for the month of February, becoming a mixologist star! The winner also gains publicity and will receive dinner for two at Havana Central.
Rules: - Must be 21 years of age and older
- All entries must be original recipes
- BACARDI Rum must be the core spirit
- Each entry must include: a photo of the cocktail, the entrants full name, date of birth, address, phone, and email address
- Open to New York State residents
- One entry per person
- Finalists must be available Wednesday, February 10 from 7 to 9 pm at Havana Central West End to prepare and present cocktail to the judge Good Luck and I hope to see you there!