Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Four Star Night!

Tonight was a good one, starting with some drinks with my friend Tom at the Blue Note. He was kind enough to provide me with the "best vodka for making Blood Marys"...Can't wait to try those out with some pickled fennel!

Then it was off to Niketown where (Ri) had some delicious cocktails from Jonathan Pogash. He has such a wonderful hand with classic (or rather Vintage?) ingredients. I was particularly impressed with the Tequila and Rye cocktail..two great spirits that taste great together!

At the (R1) gathering, I was lucky enough to met the lovely Eamon from 11 Madison Park and was so happy to be in his presence when he found out his restaurant scored a 4 star review from Frank Bruni in the NY Times!.. This is Mr. Bruni's penultimate review before he leaves the Times and I dare say it couldn't happen to a nicer group of people. I even had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Danny Meyer himself. I congratulated him and, as a life long Mets Fan, thanked him from the bottom of my heart. He was grateful and gracious. We drank champagne, wine and cocktails and danced the night away at 11 Madison Park. I am so chuffed that a fine dining establishment finally has a 4 star cocktail list to match. I am most anxious to try the Rye Noir below. Dinner anyone? 4 star Dinner?

Rye Noir at the 4 Star 11 Madison Park!!!
Rye Whiskey
Keemun Black Tea
Blackberry Liquor

A Daring Rise to the Top
[NY Times]

No comments: